iZotope RX 7 is the ultimate toolbox for audio post-production. Rx provides the industry standards for audio repair, restoration, and enhancements. Focus on eliminating complex audio issues or use them for unique problem solving for your mix. Either as a stand-alone program or through separated plugins, RX is the best tool for any post-production needs. Considered an Industry Standard for some, RX Audio Editor can help with your Audio Repair, Restoration, Enhancement. Comes as a standalone application or can be used within Pro Tools, Ableton, Pro, ECT
Tools that are Separate Plugins
- De-Clip - Repair clipping artifacts (Great for Live Shows or interviews)
- De-Reverb - Control or remove the ambient space in a recording (Can analyze the audio to help adjust better)Salvage recordings of dialogue containing too much reverb/acoustic space without needing to spend time/money on a re-shoot or ADR.
- De-Crackle - Eliminate crackles and clicks that occasionally pop in. Remove audio crackling on vinyl recordings and treat problems like dry-mouthed spoken word
- De-Ess - Help reduce or eliminate the sibilance, the harsh high-frequency sounds that come from S, F, X, SH, and a soft C.
- De-Plosive - Identify, Separate and Reduce plosive input signals that usually comes from harsh vocal audio files. Improve the quality of your dialogue by getting rid of plosive pops and mic bumps that can occur during a recording.
- De-Hum - Remove tonal noise that appears in the background (Electricity hums, AC, ect) Removes any amount of hum, wireless ring, or interference, without artifacts or affecting the audio quality. In one pass, eliminate radio and transmitter interference, camera and generator hum, and more.
- Voice De-Noise - Restore problematic vocal or production recordings in real time . Analyze speech signals and determine the noise threshold for a cleaner vocal track. It has an adaptive mode that can adjust to a changing noise floor in real time, making it ideal for dialogue stem set-and-forget de-noising.
- Spectral De Noise - Remove stationary or Slow changing tonal noise, helping for noise reduction
- Breath Control - Detect breaths in vocal recordings and suppresses them by either automation to lower or cut off the breaths
Along with the Separate plugins that come along with RX7, the stand-alone program has extra features that can be used only on the aplication.
- Repair Assistant - AI detect common audio problems and develops a process chain tailored to your audio file. Detect noise, clipping, clicks, and more.
- Ambiance Match - Match the noise floor/ambiance of one recording and have it recreate for another (Help match dialogue to fit that together for a scene)
- Center Extract - Preserve or remove the center channel of a stereo file.
- De-bleed - Reduce the leakage of a signal into another (Headphone Bleeds, Guitar bleeds in vocal take, ECT) Learns the bleed relationship between two tracks.
- De-Rustle - Reduce the Noise (Rustle) that may come from Microphones rubbing or bruising against cloths or other things
- De-Wind - Remove low frequency rumbling that can come from moments of wind burst (Meant for Light to Moderate Burst, NOT FOR HEAVY WINDS)
- Deconstruct - Analyze audio selection and separate the signal into Tonal, Noise, or Transient audio. Separate components of the signal can then be cut or boosted individually using their associated Gain control.
- Dialogue Contour - reshape the intonation of dialogue to rescue or improve a performance in post production. Manipulation of the pitch envelope of dialogue. Pitch Corrects the speech to sound like one, making sure the inflection of words flows with the rest. (fantastic for fixing up Interviews)
- Dialogue De-Verb - Clean up the unwanted reverb from dialogue recordings. Unlike De-Verb, this one does not require learning the audio profile. Rescue production audio with too much reverb to avoid ADR.
- Dialogue Isolate - Separate Spoken Dialogue from background noise (Crowds, Traffic, Footsteps, ECT) Helps increase the main dialogues presence
- Interpolate - Repairs Individual clicks from the file
- Music Re-balance - Identify and separate elements from a Music Mix. (Vocal, Bass, Percussion, Other) Adjust the mix elements separately. Use to capture isolated vocals from a performance or remove one to just capture the instrumentals.
- Spectral De-noise - remove stationary or slow-changing tonal noise and hiss by ai learning the audio
- Spectral Repair - remove undesired sounds from natural sounds. Resynthesize the audio while taking into consideration tonal harmonics, nonlinear pitch changes like vibrato, background noise characteristics, and transient events. With the power of these tools, you can remove or attenuate unwanted, interfering sounds from barking dogs and breath noises to string squeaks, fret noise, and missed/wrong notes.
- Azimuth - Control Left and Right Channel Gain and Delay (Help fix Stereo imbalance). repair stereo imbalances and phase issues.
- Dither - Convert High bit resolution to lower. tame The quantization distortion that happens when converting between bit depths due to re-quantization.
- EQ Match - Match the EQ profile of a selected file to another. Help match for differences between files. This is useful if you’re ever tasked with matching a lav mic with a boom mic, matching location dialogue to ADR or vice versa.
- Fade - Gradually increase or decrease gain throughout the selection
- Gain -adjust the volume
- Leveler - Level the volume of your dialogue with consistency while keeping the breaths and sibilance lower. Automatically ride the gain of the file, to even out the variations of the signals gain level. You can set the desired audio target and the program will try to adjust for it
- Loudness - Adjust the gain of the signal in order to meet the loudness standard you set.
- Normalize - apply enough gain to the set sample
- Resample - Convert An audio file sample rate to another. (96 khz to 192 khz / 44.1 khz to 18 khz)
- Signal Generator - Synthesizes silence, tones, and noise (helpful for test tones, calibration, repairs.) Capable of generating extremely accurate test tones for research and testing purposes.
- Variable Pitch - Fix small pitch variations or drifts over time. Adjust the pitch of both musical and non-musical audio selections while preserving their time and length. It can be used to change the pitch on the bend of a guitar string, re-shape the sound of a mono instrument, for creative effects on singers, or for sound design.
- Variable Time - Adjust the time stretch amount of an audio selection without altering its pitch. Correct timing issues or creative adjustment speed over the file. High-quality time compression and expansion .
For more details on functionality, visit this link.