Photo Staff will calibrate the Monitors weekly.
- Make sure the monitor screen has been cleaned with screen wipes or a cloth damp with water. Do not attempt to calibrate over a smudged spot.
- If you are planning to calibrate the entire lab, it takes about 2-3 minutes to do each screen.
- Log into each computer you plan to calibrate.
- Use small i1 Display Pro calibrator in chemical closet.
- Plug it into the computer.
- Open software (i1 Profiler).
- Click DISPLAY PROFILING (icon on left).
- Choose the type of computer you are using (PEL = iMac, White LED).
- Set the White Point to CIE Illuminant D65.
- Set the Luminance to 120.
- Do not check the profile option for Ambient Light Smart Control (light in the lab changes all the time, time of day, location, etc.)
- Hit Next.
- Under Display Hardware Setup - click Adjust brightness, contrast, and RBG gains manually.
- Click Start Measurement.
Pictures on the screen will also show you steps to set it up:
- Open diffuser and rotate it.
- Set counterweight so it hangs over the back of the computer. Adjust so calibrator hangs in the middle of the screen.
- Rotate calibrator so the eye is placed flat against the middle of the monitor screen.
- Click Ok, then Next. Calibration will start (screen will flash).
- It will ask you to adjust the brightness to match the luminance setting. Go a little under rather than over.
- The screen will flash a lot of different colors for a couple of minutes.
- When complete, the screen will ask you to click the calibrator back together and hit NEXT on screen.
- Under 'Profile Name' - enter the File Name as: PEL.icc
- Under 'Profile Distribution' - User level is the only option.
- Set 'Profile Reminder' to None.
- Set 'Ambient Light Monitoring' to Off.
- Click Create and save profile.
Save the new brightness setting:
Set new brightness by double-clicking Get Brightness
Move the new ICC file from t the user library to the system library:
Go to the finder.
Hold down the option key while selecting the go menu.
The user library will open, go to
First_Last>library>ColorSync>Profiles (The user folder's name will depend on what you are logged in as.)
Drag the newly made PEL.icc file to the system library:
It will ask you to overwrite the old file. Click ok.