When first Logging into Classroom 704, there are just a few steps to take to make sure your session runs smoothly for future logins.
- Log in to the System. Before anything else. Go to applications, and activate WSControl and XMON Applications.
- When the XMON Application pops up on the Dock, right click the icon, and select USB2 to connect the Board to the System.
- On the WS Control window, select "Auto-Launch Apps, and select both the WS and XMON. (This will make sure the two applications will always turn on when you log in.)
- On the applications window, right click on Pro Tools, and select Get Info. On the Information window, select the Checkbox that is labeled 'Open using Rosetta'. Once set, close the window and start up Pro Tools for the First Time.
- The loading window for Pro Tools will show "Open using Rosetta" The first Boot Up of the Program will take up to 5 minutes. Once the "create Session" window appears, click cancel.
- Go to the Tool Bar Up top and Select 'Setup', go down and select 'Playback Engine'.
- Once the window Appears, select the 'Playback Engine' selection and make sure it is on 'Focusrite Thunderbolt', then click OK.
- Lastly, Check the center monitor on the Board. Have the Monitoring Page up, and make sure that the 'Main' Source is selected.
You are now all set in 704 to start working.
If there are any issues that you come across, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org